Addicted to S40 devices but still want to get the touch screen feature, but sadly there was no touch screen phone in the S40 series till Nokia 6208 Classic launched. Yes, that’s right; Nokia 6208 Classic is the first touch screen phone to be featured in the S40 series. The phone ranges in a reasonably comfortable price tag range and will be going to cost around 13K.
Some may feel that it’s a bit too costly but keeping an eye on all the features and phone specifications, the price is just right. Moreover it’s the launch price which is bound to get low in a month or so. May be that’s the right time to buy the phone if you think it’s costly right now. The looks of the phone are so stunning that you just can’t pass unnoticed. The glazing silver metallic finish, especially the back panel and the camera borders are just so cool.
Alright it’s a touch screen but still it also has a alphanumeric keyboard. Was there actually a need for this, why waste so much space. I could spot 2 basic reasons for this. May be they wanted the users to give more ease in typing as they are used to it or if they you would have increased the screen size and removed the keypad, it would have been a costly option and the price tag would have shifted from mid range to high range.
Let’s have a look at the phone specifications:
• 2.4-inch QVGA display (320 x 240) with Up to 16.7 million colours
• Supports Email and Web browsing
• 3.2-megapixel camera with Dual LED flash and 8x digital zoom
• TCP/IP support including EDGE and GPRS
• microSD memory card slot, hot swap, max. 8 GB
• Play music using the 3.5mm jack
• Handy stylus glued at the back of phone
• USB 2.0 or Bluetooth Connection