Aug 16, 2008

The HTC MTeor Gets the Gold for Treading Water...

Back in May when I was in Seattle during the Mobius Event, our MC (Master of Ceremony) John was kind enough to promise me an HTC MTeor, a 2 years old Smartphone from HTC that we never had in Japan and that I was very found of (The very first 3G Smartphone actually). 

Anyway... My little family and I went to our “Country Side” little heaven for a week-end to get some rest... One night before getting to bed I let my MTeor next to the kitchen-sink, over 50cm away from it, and during the night my wife decided to “wash” some stuff.... Note to myself, buy a dishwasher for our “Country Side” residence ...
So back to the washing part, for some unexplainable reasons, a huge part of the soapy used to wash some stuff, decided take residence where my MTeor was sleeping (Actually the device was still turned ON)...

Early morning I wanted to check my emails and I found laying in a pool of soapy water, my MTeor OFF, at first I thought that the water did not even penetrate the device but when I opened it I was with horror that water when EVERYWHERE, just to give you an idea, when I tried to remove the MicroSD card from the MTeor, some soap bubble came out with the card... Battery was dead, and rust everywhere... my MTeor was DEAD... or was it?

2 Week later we drove back from Tokyo to our place and my MTeor was still there... laying around next to the TV... just out of curiosity I try to recharge it, and guess what, even if the battery is clearly dead... (1h of battery lifespan), my MTeor booted-up and was FULLY functional (3G, Bluetooth....), from the outside the HTC MTeor look perfectly normal, just some “Burned” area, mainly due to the soap in the water marked the Screen...

I drop several devices in the past into the water or dropped water on some devices but this was the first time for me to see one of them resisting such treatment... Impressive, well done HTC ! Source...

No comments: